Congratulations class of 2020
You did it!
Michael Mount Class of 2020 matric results & highlights
Congratulations to our all our matrics of 2020! Having been the pioneers to writing matric in a year like no other, we commend you on your ability to have remained resilient and steadfast in your final year of study at Michael Mount. The results have been long-awaited, but we are proud to say that it was very much worth it! Michael Mount’s record of a 100% pass rate continues to remain unbroken since the first matric class of Michael Mount wrote their exams in 1987.
In 2020, 39 candidates wrote the IEB National Senior Certificate, of which 32 achieved a Bachelor’s degree pass (university entrance), 4 obtained a Diploma pass, 1 obtained a Higher Certificate pass, and, due to unforeseen circumstances, 2 deferred their finals until May 2021. There were 34 “outstanding achievements” or distinctions (80 – 100%) and 71 “meritorious achievements” (70 – 79%).
- Sylvano du Toit achieved 5 distinctions: Afrikaans, English, Life Orientation, Life Science, Visual Arts
- Yuthika Iruvanti achieved 5 distinctions: Computer Application Technology, English, Geography, Life Orientation, Life Science
- Jenna Carrazedo achieved 3 distinctions: Dramatic Arts, English, Life Orientation
- Lars Lampen achieved 3 distinctions: English, Geography, History
- Thando Mngomezulu achieved 3 distinctions: Dramatic Arts, English, isiZulu
- Evan Parr achieved 3 distinctions: History, Mathematical Literacy, Visual Arts
- Oliver Greaves achieved 2 distinctions: Geography, Mathematical Literacy
- Aimée Harding achieved 2 distinctions: Life Orientation, Life Science
- Students who achieved 1 Distinction: Matthew Blair, Benoit Holtz, Caprice Jones, Pathik Pillay, Keegan Robertson, Anna Simpson, Amelia Triaca
Michael Mount does not focus solely on our students leaving school with a good matric. Our unique curriculum encourages each of our students to excel as individuals in a range of fields, so that they may go into the world as “free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.” ~ Rudolf Steiner. Subsequently, we take this moment not only to celebrate all our students’ impressive academic achievements, but also the well-rounded, confident human beings they have grown into throughout the course of their schooling.
Congratulations, Class of 2020! We wish you all the best in your future endeavours, whatever they may be.
History of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) at Michael Mount
|No. of candidates||32||29||29||30||44||33||39|
|% Pass with entry into tertiary institutions||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|% Bachelor degree pass||91||100||83||100||100||79||82|
|No. of candidates who achieved distinctions||16||14||17||21||21||16||16|
|No. of distinctions||41||31||41||48||52||33||34|
|No. of candidates with an average > 80%||1||1||4||3||5||2||0|
|No. of candidates with an average > 70%||14||11||8||15||11||10||12|
|No. of candidates with an average > 60%||11||10||11||10||21||8||15|
Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.