Congratulations, Class of 2018!
Michael Mount Class of 2018 matric results
Congratulations! All our matric students passed with a Bachelor’s degree pass. What a wonderful achievement! Michael Mount’s record of a 100% pass rate remains unbroken since the first class of Michael Mount matrics wrote their exams in 1987.
In 2018 44 candidates wrote the IEB National Senior Certificate and all achieved a Bachelor’s degree pass (university entrance).
- Alice McKnight achieved 7 distinctions: Afrikaans, English, Life Orientation, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, AP mathematics.
- Cassia Holtz achieved 6 distinctions: Afrikaans, English, Geography, German 2nd additional language, Life Orientation, Visual Arts.
- Sazryn Moodley achieved 6 distinctions: English, Life Orientation, Mathematics, Visual Arts, Afrikaans, Life Science.
- Petya Bartosch achieved 5 distinctions: English, Geography, Life Orientation, Life Sciences, Visual Arts.
- Jeremy van der Riet achieved 5 distinctions: Geography, History, Life orientation, Life Sciences, Maths Literacy.
- Daniel Jones achieved 4 distinctions: English, Life Orientation, Mathematics, Physical Sciences.
- 3 distinctions: Naina Patel : Drama, English, Life Orientation); Arabella Walsh : English, Life Orientation, Maths Literacy
- 2 distinctions: Aimee Cullinan : Life Orientation, Maths Literacy; Mishay Naidoo : Geography, English; Regan Roseveare : English, Life Orientation
- 1 distinction: Robyn Ayres, Dylan Baker, Courtney Bridger, Marc de Ville, Tristan Jorgensen, Luc Juncker, Jerome McNamee, Ashley Robertson, Matthew Segal, Jenna Townsend
At Michael Mount Waldorf School we celebrate all our matrics. With our unique Waldorf curriculum which allows each pupil to develop as an individual we know that, in the words of Rudolf Steiner, they leave our school “[as] free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives“.
Congratulations, dear Class of 2018! We wish you everything of the best as you go forward in life.
History of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) at Michael Mount
|No. of candidates||17||34||32||29||29||30||44|
|% Pass with entry into tertiary institutions||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|% Bachelor degree pass||88||88||91||100||83||100||100|
|No. of candidates who achieved distinctions||5||20||16||14||17||21||21|
|No. of distinctions||11||38||41||31||41||48||52|
|No. of candidates with an average > 80%||1||2||1||1||4||3||5|
|No. of candidates with an average > 70%||2||9||14||11||8||15||11|
|No. of candidates with an average > 60%||8||14||11||10||11||10||21|
To truly know the world, look deeply within your own being; to truly know yourself, take real interest in the world.
— Rudolf Steiner