- The term ‘Michael Mount’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to Michael Mount Waldorf School – the registered owner of the website, whose registered offices are at 231 Bryanston Drive, Bryanston (entrance to the school is at 40 Culross Road, Bryanston).
- The term ‘you’ refers to the visitor/s to our website and blogs.
Michael Mount Waldorf School is a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO no: 001/314), as well as a Public Benefit Organisation in South Africa (PBO no: 930003714). The aims of this site are:
- To promote the school.
- To communicate with parents, school personnel, pupils and with the wider community.
- To ensure that all statutory information that should be available, is made available publicly.
- To provide useful, thought provoking, non-prescriptive information to parents, educators and caretakers of children and young people.
Access to and use of our site
- We reserve the right to modify these terms and policies at any time. You should therefore check periodically for changes. By using this site after we post any changes, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own discretion and risk, the results of which we shall not be liable for in any way whatsoever.
Permitted use of the site and its contents
- You may not re-publish any of the information, content and material contained in the site, in whole or in part, without our and the respective author’s prior written permission.
- You may not use this website or any portion of it for monetary gain.
- Without limitation, you are NOT granted the right to manipulate or in any other way change the site or its contents.
- You also agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any copyright notice, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the site.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the site.
Information on the site
- While every attempt has been made to ensure that the site’s content is both accurate and useful, we cannot provide any guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this site for any particular purpose.
- The content included on this site has been compiled from a variety of sources. We reserve the right to revise, update or change any or all content on our site – including these terms and conditions – without notice.
Intellectual property rights
- All information, content and materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Michael Mount Waldorf School or of the individual authors or sources indicated per instance. As such, you may access and download the materials and information provided on our site for personal, non-commercial use only. Under no circumstances do you acquire any title or interest to any part of the site or its contents.
- While we try to obtain permission to showcase information, content and materials from external sources, we have not always been successful in doing so. Reasons for failure to obtain permission: contact information unobtainable; original author or source not credited where we found the material; no response to our written requests; insufficient time to obtain permission for inclusion of information in a newsletter, etc.
- It is our policy to give credit to sources and / or authors, where this information is available – regardless of whether permission to reprint / re-publish has been obtained.
- Where permission to reprint / re-publish has been obtained, the letters of permission are on file.
- Where permission to reprint / re-publish was NOT obtained, please know that it was not done with any ill-intent, but in a spirit of sharing what we consider useful or thought-provoking information. We do hope that by giving credit to authors and sources, we help promote their work to a wider audience.
- Please write to us at email@example.com if you want copyrighted material removed or if you want an acknowledgement of author and/or source to be added.
Icons, names and logos
- The Michael Mount Waldorf School name and logo, as well as graphics and images used on the site, belong to the school. Other marks, graphics, icons, names and logos used or displayed on the site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with or connected to us.
- You may not copy or use any of the aforementioned marks, graphics or images without our and the respective owner’s prior written permission.
Links to other sites
- This site includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information and such inclusion does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by us.
- We are not responsible for the content of any linked site/s or information. You are knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of using third party sites and we shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to such third party sites and your usage of them.
Links to our blogs
- Links from external sites to blogs on our site may be posted, provided these links do not lead to content that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- Content posted to our blogs is often from parents or members of the public. Views expressed are theirs.
- It must be clear that Michael Mount is not necessarily affiliated to, nor do we necessarily endorse the activity, business, products, services or any information linked to our blogs by a third party.
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want (including modifying or deleting it). In order that we can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
- While every attempt has been made to ensure the safety of the website, we cannot guarantee that it will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your equipment, programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Michael Mount does not provide any warranties – implied or otherwise – as to the fitness of any information for any particular purpose.
- You are cautioned to use common sense and to consult relevant professionals when making decisions that could affect the health and wellbeing of your family and your children.
- Under no circumstances will Michael Mount Waldorf School or any of its sources of information be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that result from your use of our site.
Governing laws and disputes
Date of last update to this document: March 2016