Congratulations, Class of 2016!
Michael Mount Class of 2016 matric results
There was a 100% pass rate – a record that has been maintained since the first class of Michael Mount matrics wrote their exams in 1987. To a give you an overall picture of how the class of 2016 performed in their matriculation examinations here are the highlights:
29 candidates wrote the IEB National Senior Certificate of which 24 achieved a Bachelor’s degree pass (university entrance); 4 obtained a Diploma pass and 1 a Higher Certificate Pass. There were 41 “outstanding achievements” or distinctions (80 – 100%) and 56 “meritorious achievements” (70 – 79%).
- Nathan Jones achieved seven distinctions: English, isiZulu, Mathematics, Life Science, Physical Science, Geography, Life Orientation. He obtained 76% for Advanced Programme Mathematics. Nathan was placed in the IEB top 5% on aggregate and the top 1% for English and Geography.
- Stephanie Cookson achieved six distinctions: Afrikaans, Drama, English, Geography, History, Maths Literacy;
- Michelle Gill achieved six distinctions: Afrikaans, English, Geography, Life Orientation, Life Sciences, Mathematics;
- Sasha McGhee achieved four distinctions: Drama, English, Geography, Maths Literacy;
- Shannon Tollman achieved three distinctions (Art, English, Maths Literacy).
- We are proud of all our students who also achieved distinctions.
Congratulations, dear Class of 2016! We wish you everything of the best as you go forward in life.
Michael Mount offers much more than a good matric. Our unique Waldorf curriculum allows each pupil to develop as an individual. We see it in action when we review our matric results every year. We are very proud of all our students for their academic achievements but more than that we know that, in the words of Rudolf Steiner, they leave our school “[as] free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives”.
Love what you are learning, says top Waldorf student
Exams are so much easier if you make studying all about expanding your personal knowledge, says Nathan Jones, our 2016 top achiever at Michael Mount Waldorf School.